Sunday, October 28, 2012

MAC Holiday Gift Collection - Primped Out: Holiday Eye, Lip, and Brush Kits

Primped Out is the biggest part of the MAC gifting collection, it contains a large series of cosmetic bags that are filled with great MAC makeup!  A different version of this collection is available every single year from the MAC holiday collection and is always one of the first to sell out both online and at the counters.  I am the last person who needs more makeup bags, I have so many from Clinique gifts but I still really like this bags and know that I will buy at least one or more of these sets for myself (along with some for my friends)!  This collection contains all kinds of products available in animal print makeup bags, whatever your favorite type of MAC product is, there is a very good chance that you will find it in at least one of these sets.

"'Tis the season to be chic. Everywhere you turn there's fabulous colour, parties, people, gifts-and now there's a collection of style-packed, leopard-print M∙A∙C Holiday bags and kits to fill the season with glamour."  Personally, I find this to be the best MAC gift collection as there is so many choices and you will be able to find a gift for anyone on your list from this collection.  I will be buying a nuch of the sets from this collection.

Here we go!

Primped Out Eye Look Bag: Sensual Peach - Dramatize eyes with Eye Shadow X 2 in Dazzle Me and Mulch, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown, Bad, Bad Black Opulash and 275SE Medium Angled Shading Brush in a style-packed, leopard print M∙A∙C Holiday bag.
- Eye Shadow x 2 in Dazzle Me and Mulch - light peach with gold pearl (Satin)/red brown with bronze pearl (Velvet)
- Mascara in Bad, Bad Black - deep black
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown - deep rich brown

Primped Out Eye Look Bag: Decadently Pink - Dramatize eyes with Eye Shadow X 2 in Radical Pink and Shadowy Lady, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeaux, Bad, Bad Black Opulash and 275SE Medium Angled Shading Brush in a style-packed, leopard print M∙A∙C Holiday bag.
- Eye Shadow x 2 in Radical Pink and Shadowy Lady - powder pink with silver sheen pearl (Frost)/blackened plum (Matte)
- Mascara in Bad, Bad Black - deep black
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeaux - soulful deep rich plum

Primped Out Eye Look Bag: Drama Taupe - Dramatize eyes with Eye Shadow X 2 in Filament and Black Tied, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, Bad, Bad Black Opulash and 275SE Medium Angled Shading Brush in a style-packed, leopard print M∙A∙C Holiday bag.
- Eye Shadow x 2 in Filament and Black Tied - platinum silver (Lustre)/black with silver sparkle (Velvet)
- Mascara in Bad, Bad Black - deep black
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - rich black

Primped Out Lip Look Bag: Lavish Coral - A style-packed, leopard print M∙A∙C Holiday bag with Lipstick in Shy Girl, Cremesheen Glass in Kiss Me Softly and Lip Pencil in Boldy Bare.
- Lipstick in Shy Girl - creamy neutral coral beige (Cremesheen)
- Cremesheen Glass in Kiss Me Softly - soft peach with gold pearl
- Lip Pencil in Boldy Bare - dirty red brown

Primped Out Lip Look Bag: Luxurious Pink - A style-packed, leopard print M∙A∙C Holiday bag with Lipstick in Lickable, Cremesheen Glass in Call Me Gorgeous and Lip Pencil in Great Catch.
- Lipstick in Lickable - bright clean blue pink (Cremesheen)
- Cremesheen Glass in Call Me Gorgeous - bright fuchsia with gold pearl
- Lip Pencil in Great Catch - bright cream fuchsia

Perfectly Plush Brush Kit: Mineralize - Deliver professional results with 187 Duo Fibre Brush, 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush, 286 Duo Fibre Tapered Brush and 282 Duo Fibre Shader Brush. All you need to perfect your holiday look.

Perfectly Plush Brush Kit: Advanced - Deliver professional results with 167 Bronzer Brush, 168 Large Angled Contour Brush, 239 Eye Shader Brush, 217 Blending Brush and 212 Flat Definer Brush. All you need to perfect your holiday look.

Perfectly Plush Brush Kit: Essential - Deliver professional results with 190 Foundation Brush, 129 Powder/Blush Brush, 275 Medium Angled Shading Brush, 266 Small Angle Brush and 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush. All you need to perfect your holiday look.

Soooo...this wasn't quite the amazing collection that I had imagined it to be.  The sets are nice but there isn't really any that jump right out to me as the perfect gift for someone on my list.  The only item that I must have for myself is the Lip Look Bag in Luxurious Pink, this will be on my shopping list for the next time that I go to the MAC counter and I love both the shades in it and the bag itself.  This is one the only item that I must have and therefore I guess that I will be spending more on gifts from this collection than on myself. 

The eye shadow kits are very nice and I think that they will make the best gifts for the people on my list.  I have a few friends that would also like the pink lip bag but I don't think that any of my friends would like the coral lip set.  The brush sets are another area that I don't really think that I would give many out as gifts, I could see some of my friends liking them but I know that they would prefer the color sets.

This is nice gift collection but it isn't the stunner that it has been in previous years.  you will find some good gift selections here but I didn't find anything that rocked my world.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: